[Bug] 1Password Mini desktop extension asks to update login when the new password already saved

Options
Shawzborne
Shawzborne
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Mac

Hi Team,

This has been something that has bugged me for an extremely long time, guess I just never got around to posting about it.

1. Generate new password on an existing login item using 1Password 7 and previous for Mac
  2. Hit 1Password 7 desktop save button
  3. Copy the newly generated password to the two new password fields on an accounts setting page for any website.
  4. Hit website save/confirm new password button
  5. Safari/Chrome desktop extension pop-up appears asking me if I want to update the existing item login for the specific website (the exact item which already has the new password saved to it)

I would like it if you could stop this from happening and make sure that mini is cross talking to the desktop version in terms of this issue.

This happens for every website. Please use the steps above and let me know if you need clarification.

Thank-you,

Shawn

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Shawzborne -- this isn't actually a bug, it's a design choice: the suggested way to go about what you're doing is by generating the password within the website's "Change Password" page first, then allowing 1Password's save mechanism to record the changes. Here are the steps.

This discussion has been closed.