To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Is this a legit address: 1Password <hello@1password.com> asking for money on trial?

Options
Watauga
Watauga
Community Member

It said this: Hi Bill. Your free trial of 1Password is almost over. To keep your "Bill Rogers" account from being frozen, be sure to add a credit card. It only takes a minute to keep things humming along, warm and cozy. 🔥 I have been using 1Password for yrs, but payment was automatic, I believe, never rec'd this kind of request before.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I just received an email that said: "Only 4 days left on your 1Password trial." Using this address: 1Password hello@1password.com

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Options

If you've been using 1PW for years, you will have had a licence. And the upgrades from 1PW4 to 1PW5 and then to 1PW6 were free, so you would not have been asked for payment in the past.

But nowadays there are two ways of getting 1PW. You can buy a licence for 1PW7 (which will not apply to 1PW8 when that appears, and also will only apply to the one platform you bought it for). Or you can get a subscription, which will apply to all versions on all platforms. AgileBits do recommend subscriptions, see https://support.1password.com/why-membership/ for some of the reasons.

The mention of an "account" implies that you have set up 1PW in the subscription format (as licenced version don't have accounts).

You can decide what you want to do. Buy a licence for 1PW7, subscribe to 1PW7, or revert to 1PW6. There's no harm in staying with 6 for a while, but as a matter of security you should move to 1PW7 at some point.

We need more information about your set up before giving any detailed advice.

But certainly the request is legitimate, it looks as though you set up a trial subscription for 1PW7, and you are now being asked to pay for the sub.

• Meek
    Options

Hey @Watauga, as @danco mentioned, this is indeed a legitamate email from us reminding you to subscribe to your account. If you have any more questions about it, we'd be happy to help clarify anything!

This discussion has been closed.