Files with long names or URLs only show a ... After their names

JBEAN74
JBEAN74
Community Member

Many of my bank accts have Long names that do not display in full on the mobile apps when doing a search, thereby making it impossible to know which one to select. The names should either wrap or allow you to go into portrait mode.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:This is in regard to the mobile app not displaying the full name of a file.

Comments

• Hi @JBEAN74,

Did you mean landscape mode? 1Password can go into landscape mode on “Plus”-sized iPhones as well as iPads, but not on “standard”-sized iPhones. I’m not sure that wrapping would give a very good asthetic, though I suppose that is something we can consider. Would it be possible to give these items names such that it is more obvious which is which, or perhaps abreviate some of the words so more context is available?

For exmaple, “Checking 0014 - CBNA” might work better than “Community Bank of North America - Checking 0014” as more contextual clues would be visible in the listing.

Just some thoughts. We’ll have to do some brainstorming on our end to see if there are improvements that can be made. :)

Ben

• JBEAN74
    JBEAN74
    Community Member

I did mean landscape and I am using a standard sized phone (6s).

I am not assigning long file names. When I sign into my bank's login, 1PW does NOT show/default to my File Name, but rather the URL of the account. That's why it is so long. Now that I reviewed the problem on my phone, the URL doesn't help to look at. You have to double-click on it to see the 1PW assigned file name.

I could send you a screenshot of my phone if it helps.

• @JBEAN74

You can edit the item and change the title/name to whatever makes sense and is readable for you. You don’t have to use the default name.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.