Old secret key being autofilled in Chrome

Aonghus
Aonghus
Community Member
edited July 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

I've changed my secret key today. The new secret key is correctly saved in and shows up in my 1Password entry in my vault. However, the Chrome extension to extend the functionality of the Windows app auto-fills with the old secret key when I try to login to the 1Password website. I have tried restarting my PC, reinstalling the extension, etc. No success.

I've also tried generating a new secret key (i.e. I've changed it twice today). Again, that saves in my vault, but the Chrome extension keeps filling in the wrong secret key.

Also, when I open an entry from the Windows app, it opens Chrome fine, but then it doesn't autofill until I click on the browser extension. Is there a way for autofill to happen automatically once the browser opens?

Best,

Aonghus

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Aonghus: If the "old" Secret Key is being filled, it's either because you saved it in the browser and you have that setup to fill for you (we recommend disabling this); or, if you have 1Password filling it, it's because you still have it saved in the login item. Did you update it in the app?

• Aonghus
    Aonghus
    Community Member

Hi @brenty

Many thanks for your reply. It turns out that while the secret key in 1Password was correct, the web-form aspect was using the old key. So I've changed that. Is there any way to have the web-form aspect to auto-update once the secret key is changed?

• MikeT
    edited July 2018

Hi @Aonghus,

It does auto-update but it depends on the site. In this case, we don't show the full secret key on the previously signed-in but locked view, so there's nothing to update because they no longer "match".

We're working on adding better support for our own sites in a future update to 1Password app.

This discussion has been closed.