Edge extension opens behind active window

Options

For what it's worth, I have noticed that the Edge extension regularly opens behind the current active window. This creates the impression that the extension is not responding, while it actually is, but just can't be seen. If I then resize the active window so that the 'hidden' 1Password dialogue becomes visible, I can interact with it like normal and it works quite well.

1Password Version: 7.1
Extension Version: 567
OS Version: Windows 10 (latest)
Sync Type: Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:edge extension behind window

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Wilhelm: Hmm. I don't think I've encountered that before. Are you saying that when you focus the browser, when resizing it, 1Password mini stays open? Does that happen every time you use 1Password in Edge? How about other browsers?

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty . Using Edge, haven't seen it on Chrome yet. No, not every time. I used to think the extension has stopped working, then I resized the Edge window by chance and saw the 1Password extension mini 'behind' it. I then discovered that the extension most often worked, but sometime might appear not to since it's opening behind the current window. Hope that helps. (I'll try and make a video when it happens next.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Wilhelm: Thanks! I guess one possibility is that this is happening to others too, but they never looked behind the browser. I'd definitely appreciate a video, and if you have any suggestions on how to reproduce it in Edge or any other browser. It's an interesting problem.

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Folks

I've been trying to replicate this for a video, but before any success another fast loop update came through, including Edge Beta. It seems something has changed (surprised?) and now I'm not getting the extension to run at all. I've stuck the messages below.

(I have re-installed the extension, but this cycle seems to repeat itself with no luck.)

Apologies for being the bearer of bad news! :|

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

@Wilhelm, did you recently update to Windows 10 Insider builds?

If yes, it 's a known issue with the RS5 insider builds, there were some breakage that affected many extensions including 1Password. Most have stabilized in recent Insider updates but not 1Password yet.

I have seen the 1Password mini show up behind the browser (not limited to Edge) but not consistently yet.

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @MikeT,
    Yep, I am normally on the fast next version loop (part of what I do for a living :) ) and assumed as much. I'll give it a while and then try again.
    Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good. Thanks for keeping us in the loop! ;)

This discussion has been closed.