1Password 7.0.7 window hidden after unlocking with TouchID

Options
BillyK
BillyK
Community Member

I just upgraded a few MacBook Pros from 1Password 6.x to 1Password 7.0.7.

One of those Macs has TouchID and was previously using TouchID to unlock 1Password 6.x.

Under 1Password 7.0.7, immediately after 1Password reads the finger print, a 'random' application that is running on the Mac is brought to the foreground.

Sometimes this is the Finder and it appears that 1Password is still in the foreground even though it's not (the current app name changes to Finder in the upper left hand corner of the menu bar)

The other half of the time, it's another application that is brought to the foreground and it's open windows cover the 1Password window. Often this is Apple Mail, but other applications have been brought forward too.

Both scenarios are the same problem, but the instances when the 1Password window is completely covered by another application's window causes the most trouble since you need to go looking for the 1Password window every time you unlock 1Password.

This occurs every time, but in some cases the other application doesn't have open windows to obscure the 1Password window.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 7.0.7
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1PW Online Account

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @BillyK,

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. That does indeed sound frustrating. :( I was able to find a report similar to this in our issue tracker. I’ve added a note to that indicating you are experiencing the same / a similar issue. Unfortunately I’m not aware of any solution or workaround at this point. I can say that it is not a common issue — this is only the second report of it that we have logged. Our development team is aware of the problem and will be investigating the cause. They may be in touch here if further information is required.

Thank you for the report, and again my apologies that this is happening for you.

Ben

ref: apple-1458

This discussion has been closed.