How can I make my comp getting the complete file???

Options

Cannot find the backup file anywhere (silly ios), I’m getting so destressed that I cannot think straight.. maybe the only solution is to use a encrypted ios file from numbers or something... cannot use a program that is sooo complicated and without any reason :-(

1Password Version: Win 10
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: win 10
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:1Password OK on iphone and ipad pro, on my PC PROBLEMS and and incomplete old fil

Comments

• Jonnabas
    Jonnabas
    Community Member
    Options

1Password OK on iphone and ipad pro, on my PC PROBLEMS and and incomplete old fil

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jonnabas,

Thank you for getting in touch!

If you are using a local vault in 1Password on your Apple devices, there is no need for you to move backup files around. Please try to sync your data between Apple devices and your Windows PC via Dropbox. Here is how:

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

iCloud is not supported on Windows, so if you have Sync via iCloud enabled now, please change it to Dropbox. I would also recommend you to take a closer look at 1Password accounts, so you could stop worrying about sync.

Please let me know if it helps. If you have other questions, I will be happy to answer all of them. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Jonnabas
    Jonnabas
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg,

the only "sync" I can find is the one on my ipad.. and activating it does not result in anything..
    I have not used my computer for some time and I guess that is the problem..??
    Anyway, it is now impossible to "import" my 1Password file into my computer, so I have an old version there now..

I have no problems with iPad/iPhone .. it is when my Win 10 comp is on that the problems occur..
    so there is rather stupid that I cannot use the iPad/iPhone version and export/import it to my computer

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Jonnabas,

You don't need to export or import anything, all 1Password apps can reuse the same encrypted vault. The problem is that you have to sync the vault first to your computer and then configure 1Password to use that vault, it does not automatically know where the vault is on its own.

activating it does not result in anything..

You said you've activated it, do you mean you've enabled the sync with Dropbox, is it saying it is now syncing with Dropbox? It should also show the location of your 1Password vault in Dropbox like so:

If yes, then the next step is to open that same vault with 1Password on your PC. Did you already installed Dropbox and wait for it to finish syncing?

• Jonnabas
    Jonnabas
    Community Member
    Options
    • comp: no option to "sync" (but for Wlan)
    • the only "sync" option I find is on my iPad/iPhone where Primary is Dropbox (as always)
    • Sync Now does not indicate any action?
    • In my iPhone/Primary I find "Sync now", but nothing happens..
    • items 204/iPad/iPhone is OK.. on computer 120 which is NOT ok..
    • I don't find any files to "use" neither in iPhone/iPad nor Win 10
    • I consider myself a normal guy, but this is too silly ..
    • IF there is a "up-to-date" file somewhere... please show it to me and let me get it over to my computer Win 10
    • completely hopeless .. I guess I have to give up this and forget using 1Password on my computer ..
  • Jonnabas
    Jonnabas
    Community Member
    Options

Now DISASTER... I did uninstall from my Computer and now all 1Password is gone ... I have NONE passwords of 204 ... what is this ...
    God Help me .. even gone on my iPhone and iPad .. and computer ...

• Jonnabas
    Jonnabas
    Community Member
    Options

This is completely ridiculous.. Now I have in Safari on my comp Win10 the incomplete file.
    On my iPhone I now have the complete file...
    On my iPad Pro I don’t manage to get any file...

Please do something....

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jonnabas,

I am really sorry for this ongoing confusion!

To get a better idea of your current setup, please create Diagnostics Reports from 1Password on your iPhone, iPad, and Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the reports to an email messages addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com. Please do include a link to this thread in your emails, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your reports in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.