To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

MISSING easy tutorial for setup process

aloh0910
aloh0910
Community Member

Anyone have a great recommendation for a setup tutorial video? It's been super confusing and frustrating using this paid service. I've never ever seen a B2B product that has such a horrible onboarding user experience. Been going back and forth trying to figure out how to use this across different computers/platforms. First I downloaded the Chrome extension (which I only discovered by watching OTHER PEOPLE's tutorial videos, nowhere on my account page does it suggest that) and then the extension asks me to download the 1Password helper in order for this to work with NO LINK attached. Had to Google again to find the helper. After installation and login, it shows the same dashboard as the web version. I'm still unable to use this service to safe login info of other websites and allow multiple members to access the login securely from other computers! HORRENDOUS onboarding experience, extremely frustrated paying customer. Right now I want a full refund! HELP!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:df

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

Hi @aloh0910, welcome to the forum! We are happy to help.

I am sorry to hear that you have had trouble setting up your account. We have a number of support articles that we meant to help with the setup process here.

In particular, the "Get started with 1Password" article seems to be exactly what you are looking for :smile:.

In a nutshell, the order of events should be: setup account on 1Password.com, get the native apps for your particular operating system (e.g.Mac, Windows, iOS), and then get the extensions. Once that setup is complete, you can proceed to adding login entries and changing your passwords :smile:.

ref: RFU-46556-845

This discussion has been closed.