To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Dumb question - Am I being charged for an account?

Options
Smarge
Smarge
Community Member

i have this app on my desktop, and recently decided to finally start figuring out how to use it. I thought it was a free app extension, so maybe I started and never used a free trial period. However, I know I've seen popups saying I needed to update the app and I always ignored it because who has time.

Anyway, I tried to log in and don't remember the password and my hint is meaningless. I also see that there are monthly fees to use this app, so now I'm wondering if I've been missing charges to a credit card.

Please let me know if I've been paying (gosh, I hope not!) and if I can just somehow start over. The version of the app I have is 1password 4 or something like that and I see that version 7 is now current for the mac.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

1PW4 was only available on stand-alone licence, not a subscription. So you are definitely not paying.

1PW7 can be bought on licence or as a subscription. There is a 30-day free trial, but I think (could be wrong, haven't checked) that you may need to enter credit card details and then delete the details if you don't want to continue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Smarge: Not a dumb question at all. Good to check! Based on your comments, I believe danco is correct. If you started using 1Password before memberships existed (ca. 2016), you would have had to go out of your way to sign up for that later on. But avoiding updates is not a good habit to get in. If you purchased 1Password for Mac version 4, you can update to version 6 no problem (provided you're running Yosemite or higher), as your existing license is valid for that. Let me know what versions you're using and I'll be happy to go into more specifics. :)

This discussion has been closed.