Login doesn't work

ieagan1
ieagan1
Community Member

I have 1Password7 on my MacBook and personal iPhone, and I just installed it on my work iPhone (I have a subscription for work). However, the app on my work phone does not recognize my secret key/master password from the other devices, so I cannot install my vault. I have uninstalled/reinstalled several times. Please advise.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:login issues

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ieagan1: Do you have your 1Password.com account's Emergency Kit? Keep in mind that you'll need to enter the Master Password you setup for the account when you signed up for the membership. If you used a different one than you've setup for a local vault in the app previously that can be confusing.

• ieagan1
    ieagan1
    Community Member

Yes, I have that and have used it to try to log in - it works on both my personal phone and laptop (all same vaults) but not my work phone. Have used the QR code from both there and from the website, and I've validated that lines up with the Secret Key.

• On the devices where this is working can you please check if you have a “Primary” vault?

Ben

• ieagan1
    ieagan1
    Community Member

Yes, I do have a primary vault on those devices.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018

That would explain the difficulty. When a Primary vault exists the Master Password for that vault is what unlocks 1Password for that device, not your 1Password.com account password. It is entirely possible that those are different passwords, and it sounds like that is the case here. If you look in the “Personal” / “Private” vault on the MacBook or personal iPhone do you see a Login item for 1Password.com? If so that should contain the Master Password for your account.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.