Cannot Boot after upgrade

fredarvidson
fredarvidson
Community Member

Loaded latest upgrade to Mac Mini running latest OS version. Got the “if 1Pass Mini doesn’t load” then re-start Mac. On restart cannot log in to Mac User. Keyboard beeps but doesn’t enter text. Stuck using iPhone version. I’m flying out (in floatplane) to my remote Alaskan cabin and need the Mac!!
PS you folks are great!

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@fredarvidson - I'm sorry for the trouble and somewhat jealous of you going to a remote cabin in Alaska, all at once. :)

On restart cannot log in to Mac User.

To make sure I'm not misunderstanding you, what you mean is that when you rebooted your Mac, you're unable to sign in to your user account on your Mac? If so, I'm not sure that's something we'll be able to assist you with. Can you give us your version of macOS, 1Password, and your sync method? That may help us determine some things.

• fredarvidson
    fredarvidson
    Community Member

Problem was my keyboard decided the reboot after downloading the latest update was a good time to fail. Got a new keyboard!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

@fredarvidson - those kind of problems are the worst: ones that happen coincidentally at the same time as you're doing some other major thing, but which are totally unrelated to that thing. You wrack your brain along the wrong track, assuming that what you're seeing must be a function of this thing you just did/are in the middle of doing...when, all along, it's just some stupid other thing like a random keyboard failure. Grrrrr... Anyway, glad to hear you got it sorted out, and thanks for letting us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.