1Password 7 from the Mac App store in Read Only mode despite active App Store 1-year subscription

acdx
acdx
Community Member

Hello,

Why is my 1Password app, which I downloaded from the Mac App store, in "read only" mode even though I have an active 1Password 1-year subscription from the Mac App Store?

I've already tried reinstalling (from the Mac App Store) and doing "Reset all 1Password data".

Thank you

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5 (17F77)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• acdx
    acdx
    Community Member

Here's an excerpt from the logs:

The logs seem to suggest that there isn't an active IAP. However, it is active and it is purchased on the same Apple ID as 1Password was downloaded.

S refreshProducts | Requesting in-app purchases from App Store
    S receiptVersionIsGrandfathered: | Receipt is not grandfathered due to receipt version: 7.0.4
    S readApplicationReceipt | IAP not purchased, IAP will remain locked
    S validate | Changing license status to: 1
    S notifyAboutLicenseChange | Posting License Status Changed notification
    S saveState:andReloadDataWithCompletionOnMain: | Selected 0 items: 0.003s
    S productsRequest:didReceiveResponse: | Received a product request response from the App Store
    E productsRequest:didReceiveResponse: | SKProductsRequest returned invalid product identifiers: (
    "com.agilebits.standalone.mac"
    )
    S productsRequest:didReceiveResponse: | Successfully loaded products from the App Store
    S requestDidFinish: | App Store request did finish
    S updateTransaction: | Restore purchase completed:
    S updateTransaction: | Purchase completed:
    S receiptVersionIsGrandfathered: | Receipt is not grandfathered due to receipt version: 7.0.4
    S readApplicationReceipt | IAP not purchased, IAP will remain locked
    S reloadExportKeyWithPassword:masterKey: | export key is loaded by mp.
    S activeProfileWillChangeNotification: | Enabling reauth requests for all accounts.
    S appleSubscriptionMonitor | No appleSubscriptionMonitor found, attempting to create one for account with UUID: (censored)
    S appleSubscriptionMonitor | This account isn't associated with the in-app purchase subscription
    S appleSubscriptionMonitor | No appleSubscriptionMonitor found, attempting to create one for account with UUID: (censored)
    S appleSubscriptionMonitor | This account isn't associated with the in-app purchase subscription
    S updateTXTRecordDictionary | Updating TXT Record to {
    updated = "553549579.0207421";
    }
    S saveState:andReloadDataWithCompletionOnMain: | Selected 762 items: 0.044s
    S main | User Account 1 - Session Id:(null) sync in progress...
    S txUpdateUserAccount:error: | Updated user account:

• acdx
    acdx
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

Here is a screenshot from iTunes showing the active subscription.

Here is a screenshot of my 1Password 7 app, downloaded from the Mac App store using the same Apple ID:

• @acdx,

From the screenshots you've posted so far it looks like you're setup in standalone mode and haven't signed into your 1Password.com account that the subscription applies to. You will need to sign up for and sign into that 1Password.com account in order for the subscription to be applied to the copy of 1Password you're using.

• acdx
    acdx
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

@rudy

Hi,

When I log into my 1Password account, it says that account is "Frozen" because the trial has ended.

The text "Read only" in 1Password is replaced with "Account frozen".

Thank you

• @acdx:

and if you go to the Accounts tab in Preferences, does it give you the option to Apply your subscription to your account?

• acdx
    acdx
    Community Member

@rudy

It looks like the following:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@acdx - Did you perhaps create more than one 1password.com account? Or did you delete one or more?

• acdx
    acdx
    Community Member

@Lars

Yes, I had a lot of problems migrating to 1Password 7 and created and deleted several accounts in the progress. I'm guessing my App Store subscription has been linked to some deleted account.

Can you associate it with my new account?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018

@acdx,

Yes, our sales team should be able to help with that. Please reach out to us at sales@1password.com and include a link to this thread:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/449892/#Comment_449892

Please also make mention of the fact that you’re using 1Password.eu.

Thank you!

Ben

ref: KNL-71744-875

• acdx
    acdx
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

AgileBits Update: Please do not do this without discussing with a 1Password Team Member first!

For the benefit of others stumbling upon this thread, the solution was to delete an iCloud Keychain item called "B5AppleSubscriptionMonitorKeychainService". This enabled reassociating the App Store subscription with a new account.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@acdx: I'm glad that worked in your case! It isn't something I'd recommend since messing with the Keychain can be a recipe for disaster, and there's no guarantee it would work since there are a number of things that can happen with Apple subscriptions. So generally contacting us via email is best so we can investigate the account itself. But I'm happy to hear all is well for you now. Cheers! :)

• oteras
    oteras
    Community Member

Hi,
    Same problem here, but even after deleting iCloud info -I also had different accounts- the account is still frozen. Any suggestion @Ben or @brenty ?

S rollExportKeyWithPassword:masterKey: | new export key generated
    S reloadExportKeyWithPassword:masterKey: | export key is loaded by mp.
    S activeProfileWillChangeNotification: | Enabling reauth requests for all accounts.
    S appleSubscriptionMonitor | No appleSubscriptionMonitor found, attempting to create one for account with UUID:**2IN...EC4**
    S appleSubscriptionMonitor | No appleSubscriptionMonitor found, attempting to create one for account with UUID:**2IN...EC4**
    S updateTXTRecordDictionary | Updating TXT Record to {
        updated = "554852995.12045";
    }
    S saveState:andReloadDataWithCompletionOnMain: | Selected xxx items: 0.036s
    S main | User Account 1 - Session Id:(null) sync in progress...
    S txUpdateUserAccount:error: | Updated user account: **<B5UserAccount-1 0x7...>**
    S txUpdateUserAccountBillingOverview:forAccountWithId:error: | Updated user account billing: **<B5UserAccountBillingOverview-1 0x6...>** :: status:F accountWillFreezeAt:2018-07-26 22:39:41 +0000 storageCapacityInMegabytes:1024 storageUsedInMegabytes:0
    S txUpdateUserAccountUserOverview:forAccountWithId:error: | Updated user account user overview: **<B5UserAccountUserOverview-1 0x6...>** :: accountPermissions:...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @oteras! I'm sorry for the trouble you're having just now. However, I wish you hadn't followed the steps above, since - as brenty says - it's a potential recipe for disaster (and one we can't control). At this point, I think the best thing for you to do would be to email our team at support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/452738#Comment_452738
    • Your forum username: @oteras

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your email in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down your email and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :) Thanks very much!

• oteras
    oteras
    Community Member

Thanks @Lars !

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.