I have personal copy app on iPhone $36.00. how do I upgrade to family version

I have a copy of the APP on my iPhone. individual. $36.00 copy. I would like to build a copy for family. Add 9 devices. do I lose subscription to the personal copy I have?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have personal copy app on iPhone $36.00. how do I upgrade to family version

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @jjamefour

You can upgrade your existing membership to 1Password Families. If your subscription is through us directly (not through Apple) you can upgrade by logging in at https://my.1password.com/ and selecting the Invite People option. If you are subscribed through Apple you’ll need to cancel that subscription and then email our sales team ([email protected]) from the email address associated with the account for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ben

• Ben, Evening I opened this account in January, so half the subscription has been used. I'll call them and cancel so I will not get billed again in January 2019. then you're saying to open a new account with you guys. I would like to build an account that has two maybe three accounts that are private and then have one shared account. Do I just go to Agilebits and select the family version , register and start defining accounts?

• What will happen with the old subscription that I created from the personal version that I started in January?

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@jjamefour: If you subscribed through Apple, you'll need to cancel through them and then email us at [email protected] so we can get you switched over to billing through the website before you can change your plan.

There's no need to with your existing account through. When you convert it to a 1Password Families membership, you'll be able to invite your loved ones to sign up under your plan. They'll each choose a Master Password for themselves and have a Personal/Private vault that only they can access, in addition to the default family Shared vault and any others you choose to share with them:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

But if you're already being billed through the 1Password.com website directly, all you need to do is sign in there and click "Invite People" on the right to get started.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file