Install V7 and Change vault

Options
Bob_James
Bob_James
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Android

I have V6.8 on my Android phone. I want to install V7. When I go to the Store and click on 1Password7 all that comes up is V4.2 (and it indicates "Installed" which, as noted, is not true). Also, how do I change to the V7 .opvault? There is no option to select vaults in V6.8 and it won't sync on the legacyagilekeychain.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.0.0
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bob_James: Indeed, sorry for the confusion. If you reinstall 1Password for Android, that will allow you to select a different vault to sync with. Just make sure you have your data on another device before doing so.

• Bob_James
    Bob_James
    Community Member
    Options

The Play Store does not have anything but V4.2, I need my phone to be compatible with V7 (desktop and laptop).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bob_James: The Google Play store definitely has version 6.8 if you're on the stable channel, and version 7 is available to beta testers there. I just downloaded both from it. I think the "4.2" you're seeing is the current average rating:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.agilebits.onepassword&hl=en

• Bob_James
    Bob_James
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

What is "the stable channel"?

"the "4.2" you're seeing is the current average rating".
    You're right but I could not find the Version number anywhere.

Since I already have 6.8 installed and I sync through .opvault on Dropbox why, when I tried to sync, did it not work? There is no option to select vaults in V6.8 and it won't sync on the legacyagilekeychain.

Uninstall -> Re-install ?

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the update, @Bob_James. In order to reset sync so you can sync with the new OPVault folder in Dropbox, please follow these steps to start over from your Android device:
    https://support.1password.com/starting-over/?android

When you relaunch, you'll be able to configure sync with Dropbox again. Let us know how that goes!

• Bob_James
    Bob_James
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

Uninstalled, re-installed and synced. Haven't used it yet but it seems ok.
    Thank you for your help.

• peri
    Options

I'm glad to hear that. Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.