1Password not working in W10 Pro 1709

Options

Hi all,
since a few days, 1Password refuses to work on my work PC.
The plugins in Chrome and Edge work without any problems, but I can't get the Firefox (version 52.1.0) plugin to work.

When I start the PC, I always get the notification "Refusing helper connection from ""C:\Windows\explorer.exe"", because of untrusted publisher Microsoft Windows.".
I tried to re-install the app and the plugin, but it did not help.

Do you have any hints, what I could try next?

Sascha

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @houtek,

Thank you for getting in touch! :+1:

The latest version of Firefox for Windows is 61.0.1. Is there a particular reason why you are running an outdated version?

Please try to update Firefox to the latest version available and check if 1Password extension works. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• houtek
    houtek
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg,

we use the Firefox ESR version @work. All other browsers are in the latest stable version.
    I'll check with my colleagues, why we don't use the more recent ESR 60 version.

Sascha

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Definitely give that a try and let us know. We make an effort to not break things for older versions whenever possible, but our focus is on making sure things work in the current release.

• houtek
    houtek
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty,

finally, it worked with updating to Firefox ESR 60.

The desktop management guys are doing some fancy stuff with Windows GPOs and Firefox permissions and couldn't handle some issues, so they kept us users on an older version. I asked them to update my Firefox and assured them, that I'll be a beta tester now. ;)

Thank you for helping me that fast and pointing me in the right direct.

Sascha

• MikeT
    Options

Great, thanks for letting us know and on behalf of our team here, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.