Bug - LargeType window won't go away

Options
darthnull
darthnull
Community Member

I'm not entirely sure how this happened. I had a password displayed in a large type window, which I dragged around (to get a titlebar and have it stick around when I switched to a different app). Then...it seems to have stuck around. For two days.

I haven't logged out of the machine, but I have quit and restarted 1Password multiple times. Every time 1Password restarts, the large type window pops back up again -- with the password displayed, even if the app is locked (which I suppose makes sense but it's obviously disturbing).

What's really interesting, is I've been playing with a Python / Quartz bridge that lists all window IDs, and even when the app is closed, I can get a list of all the windows that 1Password has stored in the window system...and I can do "screencapture -l " to get the contents of that password window, even if it's offscreen (because the app isn't currently running).

When I'm in the 1Password main app, I can see the window in the Window menu list, and select it, but I can't close it (the control buttons in the top left are all greyed out). If I go to that entry in 1Pass and try to re-open the password in large type, it doesn't select the existing window but creates a new one (which I can properly dismiss). It seems the window is there, and tied to the app, but I (and the app) have lost all control of it.

...and I just tried a "Force Quit," and THAT killed the window. So all is well...in my particular instance. But obviously, this is a weird failure mode I figured you should be aware of...

david.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Definitely an interesting one. Thanks for the report @darthnull. We’ll keep an eye out for this.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.