Previously Used Passwords not being updated

Options

I have a server-category entry where I store credentials to access a server. I had to change the password for the server and performed the following steps:

• Located the entry in 1Password
  • Clicked the Edit button
  • Clicked the Generate New Password icon next to the password field,
  • Once the new password was generated, clicked the Save button
  • The Last Modified Date field is updated correctly, the new Password is saved but the old password is not saved

I would expect the Previously used passwords section to show the old password and the date it was changed. Instead, it does not show the the change, only the older Previously used passwords.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Families Acct
Referrer: forum-search:previously used passwords

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @rheckart,

Thanks for reporting this.

At the moment, 1Password on Windows only supports the Password History for Logins, not other categories. It was later added for other categories in the macOS version and we're planning to add that for Windows as well in the near future.

ref: OPW-1134

• rheckart
    rheckart
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks for letting know and the sooner added the better! :) I really value this feature!

• MikeT
    Options

@rheckart You're welcome. If you really need to recall the previous password, use the Item History that's always available on 1Password.com web app. If you haven't seen it before, check this out: https://support.1password.com/item-history/

This discussion has been closed.