some 1password mini problems in 1password 7

Options
ender415
ender415
Community Member

hey, 1password. i've been exploring 1password 7 a little, and have run into some problems, or at least some changes i don't care for.

first, when using 1password with a browser, when there are multiple suggested items, searching used to give you results from the suggested items first, then results from the rest of your items. now it is just the latter, making it much more cumbersome to get to the correct suggested item when there are several.

second, in 1password mini, the search results field is narrow, and you cannot adjust the width, so that the names of search results get cut off. unable to see the entire name, it becomes difficult to know which one to choose if you have multiple items whose names begin the same way.

third (and i mentioned this elsewhere), i really miss being able to sort my favorites manually. it allowed me to put my most-used items at the top, making them incredibly easy to navigate to. being able to sort them alphabetically is nice, but we should be able to sort them manually if that is more useful for us.

fourth, when you navigate 1password mini with the arrow keys on your keyboard, it used to be that the default field you navigated to and could most easily copy for use in other applications was password. now it is username. i prefer the old way. i find i have to copy the passwords far more often than the usernames.

thanks for listening. i hope you can do something about these issues in an upcoming release.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ender415 - thanks for the detailed run-down of your observations! We definitely plan to continue to iterate 1Password 7 in the coming months, that's certain. Regarding the width of the mini's search field, I don't know whether we'll be expanding that, as we have to balance requests such as yours with those of people working on smaller laptop screens who think the new mini is already too big. Favorites-sorting is an oft-requested feature, so you may see something on that front - the reason this isn't an easy ask any longer is that in the past, the way we accomplished that was as a Mac-specific feature. We can't really do that any longer, because of the rise of 1password.com accounts and the need to have such things work cross-platform AND on the server. And, in shared vaults, how do we separate individual preferences? We are looking into a more-comprehensive way to do that one, however.

Thanks again for sharing your wishes, and for being a 1Password user. :)

This discussion has been closed.