Get license on other computer

I had 1PW6 for Mac, and I've just upgraded to 1PW7 for Mac. I purchased the standalone license on my iMac, and everything seems to be working fine there. I then upgraded my work MacBook Pro, but it's asking for a license. I don't know how to transfer my 1PW7 license to my MBP from my iMac. Suggestions?

FYI, I am not able to log into iCloud on my work MBP.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6 MBP, 10.13.6 iMac
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

Welcome to the forum, @gtb104! Sorry for the inconvenience. If your second Mac is using a different iCloud account or not using iCloud, then yes, you’ll have to license 1Password manually. Here’s how:

If you've already opened/setup 1Password 7 for Mac on your work Mac, and all you need is the license, then (assuming you have access to the same email account on this Mac that you used to purchase your 1Password 7 for Mac license from FastSpring with) just open that email and download the license file to your hard drive. Double-clicking on it from there (with 1Password running and unlocked) should do the trick.

If you haven't yet set anything up, then do this first:

1. Once you download and install version 7, you’ll see the same Welcome screen with the “Subscribe today!” button you saw on your first Mac.
    2. Click the “Need a license?” link at the bottom of that window, just as you did on your other Mac. Then on the second screen, click “buy license” again.
    3. Once you’ve unlocked 1Password with your Master Password for the first time, this will open the same window to the FastSpring store you saw on your first Mac when you purchased.
    4. Close the FastSpring window by clicking the red gem at the top left of the window since you already have a license for 1Password 7.

If you don't have access on the work Mac to the email account you used to register your 1Password 7 for Mac license and therefore can't access the license file that way, you'll need to email it to an account you can access at work or - more secure - transfer it onto a USB flash drive and take that to work with you.

• Well, that explains one issue. I never received the email you're referring to. If I had received that, I probably could have figured this out. So, just to recap, purchasing the standalone license through the app, I should have received an email with the license?

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

Do checl your spam folder for the email. Occasionally that's where it lands up.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@gtb104: Mhyar replied to you via email about 8 hours ago. Did you receive that?

ref: YNM-34373-486

• I did. Thanks!

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Great. :) If there is anything further let's continue the conversation on that email thread please. Thanks!

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file