Can I talk to a human? Will a human talk to me? [Recover 1Password data after losing user account]

Options
Mike_5920
Mike_5920
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Mac

Mac lost it's permissions file. Apple tech helped set up a new user/admin persona. Most data and apps moved gracefully to new user. 1Password & data doesn't work/can't find data. What do I do next? Not opposed to buying a newer version, but not if I can't recover the old data file.

1Password Version: v4.1 (17+)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: unknown
Referrer: forum-search:1Password will not open. What can I do?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Mike_5920! I've just checked now, and I'm pretty sure I'm a human (unless I'm a very convincing simulation that's been given memories and artificial intelligence). :) I'm sorry for the trouble you're having just now. Do you have access to your previous user account on your Mac? Even on a backup drive or something else? The reason 1Password didn't "gracefully" move to your new user account is that the data is stored in your ~/Library/Application Support folder (if you were using the version downloaded from us). Prior to the switch in user accounts, were you syncing your data with any other devices via a sync method such as Dropbox or iCloud or even WLAN? Or did your data reside only on your Mac? If it's the latter, then we're going to need to have access to the data from your previous user account's Library folder. Let me know if that's the case.

This discussion has been closed.