How do I ensure my existing items can be synced to Dropbox without the OPVault overwriting?

mountfalcon
mountfalcon
Community Member

When I set up sync, I get the message that my existing data will be "merged" with the existing vault. But that's not accurate. In fact, the existing data are REPLACED by what's in the vault. How do I make the existing data OVERWRITE what's in the vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:when I merge vaults, I want the existing data to be master, not slave

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @mountfalcon! I'm sorry for the sync troubles! However, without more information about your specific setup, it's difficult to say what might be wrong or how best to help. The best thing to do is going to be starting with these instructions, choosing your sync method on that page and making sure everything's set up correctly, then proceeding to the troubleshooting guide if it's still not working the way you expect. Let us know how that goes for you. :)

• mountfalcon
    mountfalcon
    Community Member

I am running Mac OS X 10.13.6 and the latest version of 1Password for Mac (6.8.9), syncing over Dropbox.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

@mountfalcon - OK, great! In that case, these will be the troubleshooting directions you'll want to use.

ref: DPH-75654-336

This discussion has been closed.