QR scanner doesn't work, no way to enter manual string

navaho
navaho
Community Member

I'm trying to enable 2fa for a website. The QR scanner, which normally works fine, will not pick up this site's QR code. Tried rebooting, still no. The site provides a string that I should be able to enter into 1password to enable the one time password feature for this site, however there appears to be no place to actually enter the string. Am I out of luck for 1password on this website, or is there some hidden way to enter the QR that I just don't know how to find?

See attached image, there seems to be no place to put the QR string if the scanner doesn't work.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.1.4
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @navaho

What is the website? There are a few different standards for 2FA. 1Password supports only the TOTP standard.

Ben

• navaho
    navaho
    Community Member

Binance.com

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@navaho - thanks. I just created a test account at Binance, and TOTP setup worked perfectly for me. I'm using the most-recent beta, but I can't believe that's the difference between you and me, since I don't think any changes were made to our TOTP scanner in the last couple of betas. Can you try the scanner again? If the QR image is really small in your browser window (in comparison to the edges of the scanner) you might wish to enlarge it to be near the size of the scanner itself. Let us know how that works for you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@navaho - oh, and you can paste the TOTP string directly in the field text (not the label on the top, but the text field underneath), if the scanner doesn't work.

• navaho
    navaho
    Community Member

ok, @Lars and @Ben I'll give it a try and let you know. Thank you.

• navaho
    navaho
    Community Member

Ok, tried zooming in and out, still could not get the QR scanner to read. This is the first site where that has occurred. I've done dozens of them with no issue before today. I was able to put the QR code where the black dots are in my picture. It was not immediately obvious to me that the black dots were for the QR code and not for a field label.

Anyhow, I am set now. Thank you.

• Thanks for the update @navaho. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.