Updates for 4.6.2.626

I understand that earlier standalone version of 1Password has been discontinued and the last version of same is 4.6.2.626 on windows. Is there any update to protect for bugs, security vulnerability/patches planned for same in the future? Is using the earlier version pose any risk and upgrade to the latest version is a must.

The reason I am asking is because I am uncomfortable with a monthly cost software.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bhusari: We don't have anything else planned for version 4, unless some critical security issue is discovered at some point. Licenses are available for version 7 though, if you'd prefer that:

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• bhusari
    bhusari
    Community Member

Thank you. Is license for standalone version still available at launch price for earlier standalone customer?

• MikeT
    edited July 2018

Hi @bhusari,

Yes, it is for the moment. Also, you don't have to buy 1Password 7 right away, we support read-only mode without a time limitation. So, you can open your 1Password 4 vaults in 1Password 7 and use it to see if you like it. In 1Password menu > License, you'd be able to buy a license there with real time price reflected (you'd need to click on the blue link on the bottom on the subscription view).

• bhusari
    bhusari
    Community Member

Great, thank you. Will give it a try!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good! We're here if you have any other questions along the way. :)

This discussion has been closed.