Version 7 Firefox plugin problems

tomlut
tomlut
Community Member
edited July 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I updated to the stand alone licence of 1password version 7.1.576 today as the old 1password version 4 add on was not working well with Firefox (identities would not fill forms). I uninstalled version 4 of the windows application and was happily filling forms and passwords again. I had not updated the firefox add on.

Then the 1password firefox add on stopped working after closing and reopening firefox. It is just greyed out. I tried downloading the 1password X add on but it is asking for a secret that I dont have because I purchased a licence. I do not want to use the cloud to store my vault.

Is any firefox add on supported with 1password 7 stand alone licensing?

1Password Version: 7.1.576
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Win 10 1709
Sync Type: Nil

Comments

• tomlut
    tomlut
    Community Member

Never mind. I restarted 1pasword and all is well again.

• Hi @tomlut,

Thanks for writing in.

Both 1Password 4 and 7 can coexist on the same computer but they can also interfere with each other when it comes to the browser extension. If you see it happen again, uninstall 1Password 4 using Control Panel > Uninstall a program. Your data in 1Password 4 won't be affected and you can always reinstall it later.

• tomlut
    tomlut
    Community Member

Thanks but I uninstalled v4 right after installing v7.

One thing I miss from v4 is the setting to auto minimise 1Password after copying a password. Is this likely to be re-implemented?

I have a number of Windows applications that require passwords but do not natively work with 1Password. This was a handy productivity boost.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tomlut: Thanks for the feedback! Indeed, that's something we'd like to add in a future update, along with some other features that can help in situations like that. For example, have you tried the "Type in window" feature? You can access it by right clicking a login item and selecting that option from the specific field you want to have it fill, by choosing the window. Let me know if that helps!

• tomlut
    tomlut
    Community Member

I was wondering where that feature had moved to. It used to be an icon next to the field. Good to see it is still there and is now even more powerful with the multiple options for the type location.

This helps a lot. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tomlut: Indeed, that's good criticism: it's a bit hidden, and also somewhat limited currently. We'll be redesigning 1Password mini to make this and other features more accessible, and also building toward a full Auto-Type feature in the new app as well. Glad that helps in the mean time though. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.