new 1password user on pc cannot login

HI. I just was added to a family subscription to 1password and can log onto the website, but cannot logon through the app. I am on Windows 10 and have followed the instructions for installing the app, but the master password does not work on the login screen..

The master password works on the website.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't sign in on pc windows 10

Comments

• timotht
    timotht
    Community Member

I have uninstalled and re-installed the 1password application and it may be looking at some cached password from a previous installation.

If so how do I remove the cached password that it is checking against and use the new master password?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@timotht: If you've already setup 1Password previously and never cleared its data, it will still require whatever Master Password you chose at that time. If you'd like to start over with a clean slate in the app, you can reset it. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• timotht
    timotht
    Community Member

Thanks. That solves it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.