how to move my license of a mac app store version to a downloaded version from the web site?

Options
tkm
tkm
Community Member

Hi,

I've used the mac store version (6.8.9) and I want to change a downloaded version to use the version 7 with my license.
I tried to switch it according to the page (https://support.1password.com/switch-from-mac-app-store/), but it didn't work.

The version 7 always starts on Read-only-mode and I can't find how to add my mac app store's license to the version 7...

Could you please let me know solutions?

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:license

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

@tkm you can't do what you're trying to do because 1Password 7 is a paid upgrade from 1Password 6. You can read more about licensing and the cost of the standalone version if you look at the bottom of this AgileBits' blog post.

Note that if you want to upgrade to the standalone version (instead of taking out a subscription) you must download from the AgileBits' website (not the App Store) and you need to be very careful when setting up to look for the prompt Need a license. We have those too.—for otherwise you will be lured into starting trial subscription.

Edit: sorry I see you have already downloaded. You can purchase the licence by clicking on the Read only sign (I think) or by using the 1Password 7 menu item in 1Password 7, which should have an entry allowing you to purchase a licence.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

1Password membership includes upgrades for all of our 1Password apps, but licenses do not. You may want to consider upgrading to a membership:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

The alternative, as Stephen mentioned, is purchasing a 1Password 7 for Mac license in the app downloaded from our website (not the App Store).

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.