To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

iOS issues after migrating Standalone vault to Subscription vault

steven_xufan
steven_xufan
Community Member

Hi,

I just migrated to the 1password subscription plan from my local vault and I'm experiencing two issues:

1. I cannot move multiple items on the iPhone (I have tried two phones). I followed the guide here, but the items are greyed out for me. Please see the photo below:

2. I had some pdf attachment in old local vault. When I migrated to the subscription account, it was automatically converted to a document. I can view the document on the Mac, but not on the iPhone. I get the following message instead and I cannot click on the "View Document".

Is anyone experiencing similar issue?
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Steven

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4
Sync Type: NA

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @VVN-13696-271! Sorry for the trouble you're having getting yourself converted fully from a standalone vault to a 1password.com account. Unfortunately, though your description was nice and thorough, it doesn't give me an idea by itself what might be wrong. So, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#VVN-13696-271]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @steven_xufan only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: VVN-13696-271

• steven_xufan
    steven_xufan
    Community Member

Hi Lars, I have sent the diagnostics report to the support email.

By the way, I just found out that I am also getting errors on most of the Documents on the 1Password X (Chrome):

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@steven_xufan: That can happen if something is preventing the browser from saving files in local storage. What are the exact OS and Chrome versions where you're encountering that issue in the 1Password.com web interface?

Thank you for sending the diagnostics though! We'll take a look and see if it reveals something about what you're encountering on iOS. But just to clarify, do you maybe just need to select a specific vault? Try switching to one instead of All Vaults and see if you're able to select and move multiple items. Either way, we'll get to the bottom of this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@steven_xufan: Upon looking through the logs a bit, I believe that all the issues you're experiencing may stem from an issue migrating your data to the account. Can you tell me where you did this, what steps you took, and if you received any errors during the process? I'm wondering if maybe you had some connection issues at that time, so that you've got the data locally, but it hasn't been uploaded to your account. Let me know if there are any details that might help.

• steven_xufan
    steven_xufan
    Community Member

Hi @brenty, thanks for the update.

That can happen if something is preventing the browser from saving files in local storage. What are the exact OS and Chrome versions where you're encountering that issue in the 1Password.com web interface?

I'm currently on Ubuntu 16.04 and Chrome 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit).
    Let me try it later on a Mac Chrome in a few hours.

Can you tell me where you did this, what steps you took, and if you received any errors during the process?

I did the migration at home on a MacBook. I just signed up for an 1Password subscription account and logged into that account in the 1Password Mac App. A message popped up and asked whether I wanna migrate the local vault to the account vault. I clicked Yes and it was done in less than a minute I think. There was no warning or error messages. Will it help if I send you the Mac App diagnostics report as well?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@steven_xufan: Thank you. I don't think there's any need to check in a different browser at this point. I did not expect this answer, so it's very helpful!

Since you did the migration on your Mac, are you able to access all of your data — including Documents — inside that app?

Also, do you still have your original vault from before you migrated? It may be helpful to redo the migration. Please don't at this point, but I'd like to be able to plan ahead.

A diagnostics report from the Mac would be great. If you'll use the same code — [#VVN-13696-271] — as the subject line there, that will show right up with the others in the inbox. Thanks in advance!

• steven_xufan
    steven_xufan
    Community Member

Hi @brenty, i just sent you the Mac Diagnostics report with the same code.

Since you did the migration on your Mac, are you able to access all of your data — including Documents — inside that app?

I can access all of the documents in the Mac App (Version 6.8.8 - 688001 - from the App Store), but not on the 1Password account/website.
    I think I found a potential root cause for the Document issue.
    In the Mac app, I see these two kind of messages for Documents (after clicking them):

For documents with "Waiting for upload..." message, I cannot view them on the 1PW website.

For documents with "Quick Look", I can view them on the 1PW website. I guess this means it is successfully uploaded.

Also, do you still have your original vault from before you migrated? It may be helpful to redo the migration. Please don't at this point, but I'd like to be able to plan ahead.

Yes, I still have the original vault with me.

But just to clarify, do you maybe just need to select a specific vault? Try switching to one instead of All Vaults and see if you're able to select and move multiple items.

Sorry I missed this earlier. I just figured out that I have to click on the top left (vault) icon to switch to a specific vault. Now it is working! Thank you! I think I was confused with Settings => Vaults.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@steven_xufan: Hey, thank you very much! Indeed, that's the direction I was leaning, but I wanted to get the diagnostics first to avoid jumping to conclusions. It does seem that all of this stems from 1Password not being able to upload the Documents on your Mac. I could have you re-import those files, but that's probably not going to be fun or tell us anything about the problem, so please don't do anything at this point. We're looking through the logs to see if we can determine why they're not uploading, and if there's a way to kickstart it and get things back on track. Thanks for your patience and willingness to work with us on this.

This discussion has been closed.