Sync via WLAN server

Tacitus99
Tacitus99
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Mac

Until recently I have synced boyh my iPhone and iPad to my desktop Mac by using the WLAN server, something which is simple and effective.

I have just synced the iPhone but when I try to sync the iPad it cannot see the WLAN server. Refreshing the list has no effect, neither does quit and restart 1-PW on the Mac. Is there something I'm doing wrong or has this functionality been dropped?

1Password Version: 6.8.9/ 7.1.1
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.6/IOS 11.4.1
Sync Type: WLAN server

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@Tacitus99 have you tried all the troubleshooting steps in this knowledge base article?

If you’re having trouble using the WLAN server

I use WLAN sync between my MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad—running 1Password 7—and it works perfectly. I'm using macOS 10.13.6 but I should not have thought the differences between my system and yours would make any material difference.

Stephen

• Tacitus99
    Tacitus99
    Community Member

Thanks for the pointer to the knowledge base article Stephen. In the end I switched off everything, WiFi etc and rebooted all my kit.

Whatever was causing the problem seems to have gone for the moment so all is well. I couldn't see any logical reason why sync should fail since it had been working for aeons and I'd not done any major upgrades which might have affected it.

Still that's computers for you :)

Thanks for the help.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

@Tacitus99 I am happy to hear that Stephen_C was able to solve the problem that you were having :smile:. Please let us know if you have any remaining questions or concerns.

This discussion has been closed.