Try to add an existing account, but the add button is gray

Options
yvettew
yvettew
Community Member

I had an old account before, but unfortunately I forgot both the master password and secret key for that account, so I decided to get a new one.
Right now, I tried to add my new account to the mac app. However, the app kept asking me the master password for the old account.
When I tried to add the new account, the add button is gray. Any suggestion???

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@yvettew,

Unfortunately, if you don't know the master password on the old account you're in a situation where you're going to need to use the Help -> Troubleshooting -> Reset all 1Password data menu item in order to start over. You can't add a second account while 1Password is in a locked state. This also means the data you had in your prior account will be lost when you reset, so if there's any possibility of you recovering the master password and secret key then I would recommend that as your best course of action. 1Password should store the secret key in iCloud Keychain, so if you attempt to manually input your account details (versus scanning the QR code), it should give you a list of accounts you've previously signed in with. This would at least reduce the burden to just the master password.

This discussion has been closed.