OTP not syncing between devices

I have been using 1password X and 1password 7 on windows for a while now, and I have noticed that OTP are not syncing accross correctly. I use the following devices, and browsers. Some work some don't.

I use an iPhone which I use to regester all new OTP. The codes are correct and I can use them to log in to accounts that require OTP.

I also use a windows laptop, however all the codes generated on it, both in 1password X and the standalone app are different to the phone and I cannot use them to sign in to anything.

I also share a chromebook, 1password X works prefect on there and all codes match those on my phone. On my work machine I use Firefox portable with 1password X and that too works prefectly.

I don't understand why syncing is not working to the laptop, it is pretty much brand new, all up to date.

1Password Version: 7 and X
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 Pro
Sync Type: 1pass Account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BRolland: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The TOTP code is generated based on your system time, so when that is not the same between devices, you'll get codes that are either too early or too late to be used. It sounds like it's just your laptop where you're having trouble. You should be able to set it to the same date/time/zone as your iPhone or Chromebook to get a better result. Let me know how it goes.

• BRolland
    BRolland
    Community Member

@brenty You were right, my laptop was 2 minutes out for some reason, once that was corrected the codes came through perfectly. Thank for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah! I'm glad that did the trick. I just wish I knew why this happens on some systems and not others. It can be maddening to track down! Two minutes is an eternity on the internet! :crazy:

This discussion has been closed.