Is it possible to grant a vault use/view only?

Dexjm17
Dexjm17
Community Member

My partner and I are on Family OnePassword, and we want to grant passwords to members, but not allow them to edit the passwords or be able to access the vault they are loading passwords from. Is that possible? Like we want to let them sign onto things without asking us for passwords but not trust them with the data

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windos 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Dexjm17

Welcome to the forum.

My partner and I are on Family OnePassword, and we want to grant passwords to members, but not allow them to edit the passwords

This you can achieve by not giving them the "allow editing" permission for the vault in question.

This option is in the vault details page, which is also where you'd go to add them to the vault.

or be able to access the vault they are loading passwords from. Is that possible? Like we want to let them sign onto things without asking us for passwords but not trust them with the data

This part is not possible. Even if we were to implement a way to mask the data from them in 1Password, they could still get it from the web browser if they wanted to. Masking it would just be security theater, which can lead to a false sense of security. If someone has the ability to fill data into a web form they also have the ability to pull that data back out.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.