How to Cancel trial on PC and Ipad

lexvislexvis
edited July 24 in Purchasing

What would I do if I wanted to cancel my Family-trial on PC and Ipad?
You advise to go to 'Manage your 1password subscription' but the next step remains unclear.
Same with the iPad, in the App Store it says go to Settings if you want to cancel, but no option there either.
Disappointingly vague...

1Password Version: 7.1.567 (Ipad 7.1.1)
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:cancel trial

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@lexvis: You haven't subscribed, so you don't need to do anything. You'd only need to cancel if you'd setup payment there at the top. If you wish though, you can delete your account completely at the bottom of your Profile page. Just be certain that's what you want to do before you do it. But if there's something we can help you with in 1Password, let us know. We're here for you. :)

• Hi Brenty,

Thanks for your response

Why not mentioning in the application and apps that you are cancelling the Trial escapes me though.
    Not transparent at all.

And how does this step effect my Apple devices, since the trial is running there as well.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Hi Brenty, Thanks for your response Why not mentioning in the application and apps that you are cancelling the Trial escapes me though. Not transparent at all.

@lexvis: I'm not sure I understand what you're after. The trial cancels itself after 30 days.

And how does this step effect my Apple devices, since the trial is running there as well.

If you take no action at all, the trial will conclude, you won't be charged a thing, and the account will be frozen. You'll still be able to access your data to export it.

• Must have overread the part where it says that the trial cancels itself.
    Or could it be this was not mentioned at all?
    Only thing I am after is transparency.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@lexvis: The trial is for 30 days. I do believe this is fairly transparent:

• Depends on how you define transparent brenty!

Not so hard to imagine encounters where it is a pain to opt out/cancel after or during a trial period
    Do you expect me to trust you guys on your blue eyes?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited July 25

@lexvis

No trust required, simply don’t enter a credit card into the billing section of the trial membership and your trial will freeze at the 30 day window and you will not be charged. :) We can’t bill you if we don’t have your billing information.

Ben

• Ok, so I checked where I seem to have gone wrong.
    Well my only point left to argue is perhaps to make it less prominent for trial users to do so.
    Mark the difference in the font and size at both arrows

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

• Hi Ben,

Well I looked around on this forum and this exact same issue has been adressed by other users and answered by you several times before.
    So your last comment seems to be rather generic.

I have been using the standalone version for several years but now I feel letdown by 1password for more than one reason.
    Why don't you communicate with your users more transparently?
    See screenshot above earlier this discussion.

And should 1password take responsibility in warning that going onboard with the trial means that the legacy version should be 'backed up'

At the moment I am awaiting steps to take to roll back to the old situation.
    But heard nothing since 25th of juli. Had to send diagnostic reports for all my devices (!)

But if you could just assure me no charges will be made to my creditcard I can move on.

Thanks you,
    Lex

• brentybrenty

Team Member
    edited July 27

Well I looked around on this forum and this exact same issue has been adressed by other users and answered by you several times before. So your last comment seems to be rather generic.

@lexvis: I'm not sure what you expected Ben to say at this point. As you pointed out, it's pretty much all been said before. :)

I have been using the standalone version for several years but now I feel letdown by 1password for more than one reason. Why don't you communicate with your users more transparently? See screenshot above earlier this discussion.

We do, as evidenced by this very discussion, and many, many others here in the forum. I'm sorry that you feel that way though, and I'd like to better understand how you believe we've let you down.

And should 1password take responsibility in warning that going onboard with the trial means that the legacy version should be 'backed up'

I don't know what this means. Can you clarify?

At the moment I am awaiting steps to take to roll back to the old situation. But heard nothing since 25th of juli. Had to send diagnostic reports for all my devices (!)

I don't see where you mentioned you needed help doing anything like that earlier, or any reference to diagnostic reports here. If there are additional details that are relevant please let us know. For example, if you're carrying on a separate conversation elsewhere. If you can tell us more about the "old situation" that would help us better help you.

But if you could just assure me no charges will be made to my creditcard I can move on.

As Ben mentioned, if you didn't setup payment for your account, it's impossible for you to be charged. If you did setup payment for your account anyway for some reason, even though you do not wish to pay for a subscription, you can manage that through the website or through Apple, depending on how you set it up:

Manage your 1Password subscription

But again, your original screenshot shows clearly that you're not subscribed. So I'm a bit baffled as to why you're asking the same thing again. Did you setup payment for the account after you originally contacted us?

I'm sorry for any frustration or confusion. Please bear in mind that only you know if you subscribed. Our understanding of your earlier comments was that you didn't -- that you were simply using the free trial. If that's not the case, it's not something you made us aware of, as far as I can tell.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@lexvis: I see that you've also got a separate conversation going with Adam via email. Rather than adding to the confusion (and slowing down the support process for you and everyone else) by trying to do this in multiple places at once, I'll close this and we'll continue via email.

ref: WBX-13446-384

This discussion has been closed.