To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to I get 1Password6 back?

Options
dkhollenbeck
dkhollenbeck
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Memberships

After trying to install 1 Password 7, I learned that a membership is needed for $2.99/mo. I really don't need 1Password 7 and want my 1Password 6 back. When I applied for the 1Password 7, my 1Password 6 application was blocked and still is. How do I return to a working 1Password 6 application. This is the only place I store my passwords and I am desperate to get it working again. Please contact me as soon as possible.

[Personal information removed; this is a public forum]

ref: MYZ-33795-951

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Installing 1Password 7 blocked 1Password 6. I desperately need to get my 1Password6 back ASAP. How?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dkhollenbeck: I don't know what "1Password 6 application was blocked" means, but when you install 1Password 7 it just zips 1Password 6 in your /Applications folder. You should be able to unzip it and use it. Give that a try and let me know how it goes.

• dkhollenbeck
    dkhollenbeck
    Community Member
    Options

By blocked, I meant that the 1Password6 icon on the desk top now has a question mark on it and I am unable to open it. This happened after I tried to sign up for 1Password7. Any help would be appreciated.

Don (dkhollenbeck)

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dkhollenbeck

Did you try following the balance of Brenty's message, particularly:

but when you install 1Password 7 it just zips 1Password 6 in your /Applications folder. You should be able to unzip it and use it. Give that a try and let me know how it goes.

Alternatively please see these more detailed instructions:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/441130/#Comment_441130

Ben

• dkhollenbeck
    dkhollenbeck
    Community Member
    Options

It went well. I now have 1Password6 back. Many thanks for your help.

Don (dkhollenbeck)

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for the update. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.