Standalone license for multiple computers

Hi,

I am using 1password 4 on multiple machines and would like to switch over to version 7 on all machines. Do I need a standalone license for every machine? If yes, are there any discounts when purchasing several licenses?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@tpassword: Each 1Password app is licensed per individual, so a single license for 1Password for Windows version 7, for example, would entitle you to use that on all of your PCs. You'd only need additional licenses for yourself if you want to use 1Password for Mac, 1Password for Android, etc. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Perfect. Thank you.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

You're very welcome. We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

• If I can reopen this? I need to use 1Password on both Mac and Windows. One individual. Does that mean two licenses?

• robrob Agile Customer Care

Team Member

Hi, @Davert. If you need to use the licensed versions instead of a 1Password membership, then yes, that will require two licenses.

On the other hand, you can sign up for a 1Password membership for $3/month and that will cover the 1Password apps on all of your devices: https://1password.com/sign-up/

• I was afraid of that. Thanks.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@Davert,

Membership really is going to be able to offer the better value here. :)

Ben

• Depends on how often you release new versions, and how compatible 7 is with upcoming OS versions, really... I don’t like subscription models in general so I’m glad you are keeping the regular licenses.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited July 31

Fair enough, though I'd argue price alone isn't the only factor to be considered when determining value. There is a fair bit that comes with membership that doesn't with a license. :) A few things are mentioned here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Ben

• Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I'm finding the pricing discussions to be a little hard to follow.

I'm not interested in a membership at this time, but I would like to upgrade from 1Password for Windows, version 4.6, to version 6. This would be both to get any new features and also support a good product.

In addition to using version 4.6 on my Windows laptop, I use version 7.1 on my iPhone. The two products sync (and quite nicely).

So here is my question. If I purchase a standalone license for Windows, version 7, will my existing iPhone app no longer sync with my laptop product?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@Funglin,

Sync will stop when you upgrade (because of the migration to OPVault from Agile Keychain) but you’ll be able to re-establish it. I’m not sure how that relates to pricing, though... was there a pricing question I missed?

Please let me know.

Ben

• Thanks Ben. I wasn't very clear myself. My question is whether I would have to pay for a separate iOS license.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Nope. :) 1Password for iOS is a free download, with an in-app purchase for Pro features. If you already have the Pro features, or don’t want them, there is no additional purchase required there.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Hi. After receiving a new laptop a couple of weeks ago and migrating all my apps and data it, I upgraded my copy of 1Password from v6.x to 7, and I purchased a stand-alone license at that time. I forgot I had covered my wife's license previously with a family license. Do you currently offer a stand-alone family license, or do I just need to purchase the family subscription-based membership? And can I apply any of the $49.99 I spent on the stand-alone license toward a family license? Thank you for your help.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@RicB,

We do not sell family standalone licenses but our sales team can definitely look into this situation for you and see how we can best help you move forward. Could you please send the details to [email protected]? When you email in you'll get an automated reply back from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here.

Ben

• Thank you, Sir. My support ID is #NSA-28365-442.

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@RicB - thanks. I see my colleague Corey has been helping you there; let's keep the conversation going via email so it's private instead of here in this public forum. Thanks! :)

• Thanks much!

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Welcome. :)

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file