Latest version 7.2.570 LOTS of CPU [Fixed in 7.2.572]

mtissington
mtissington
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Just had an auto upgrade to the latest version and now my cpu is running hot with 1Password consuming 20+% of cpu continuously.

1Password Version: 7.2.570
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (latest)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MattW15
    MattW15
    Community Member

I just got the upgrade to 7.2.570 and on two systems I am getting constant use of 1 core on the system from 1Password.exe. It appears to be working properly, but looking at the threads one labeled opw.dll!bz_internal_error is constantly taking a full core - in my case 25% of the cpu. I have a local vault syncing with Dropbox, and all that appears to still be working properly. The only issue is the high CPU. I looked at the logs and pulled a diagnostic report, but nothing jumps out at me. If it were just one system I could think it was a .NET framework issue or something like that, but as soon as my second system upgraded (same OS) the identical problem appeared as soon as the application loaded. It appears to do it without any browsers loaded so I think we can rule out any extension issue as the cause.

1Password Version: 7.2.570
    Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
    OS Version: Windows 10 Pro - version 1803
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• MikeT
    edited July 2018

Hi guys,

Thanks for reporting this. We're looking into it right now; oddly, we didn't see this with our internal updates during the last few weeks.

It started to do this when we shipped it as an external update. We'll get this fixed soon.

• We've paused the updates until we can fix this.

• Hi guys,

Uninstall 1Password 7.2 and install the latest 7.1 stable from here: https://c.1password.com/dist/1P/win6/1PasswordSetup-7.1.567.exe

• mia
    mia
    Community Member

Done

• cvvorous
    cvvorous
    Community Member

Seeing it here, too. Win10 build 17134.167, firefox browser. Rolling back to stable unless there's any diagnostic info that would help.

• Yes, please roll back to stable or 7.1 beta (we've pulled 7.2 beta build from our beta channel).

We were able to nudge 1Password into reproducing the problem for us on our machines, we're trying to pinpoint the cause behind it.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

Do you need diagnostic files? I see it on my machine (Surface Book with Insider Build 17713.2), too.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

Hm, now there is a build 7.2.571.BETA available, not 7.2.570.BETA - should that have fixed the issue? On my machine it hasn't.

• MikeT
    edited July 2018

Hi @sniem,

No, there shouldn't be any available 7.2 beta builds, it's currently set to 7.1 beta, I'm not seeing it on any of my machines. Are you basing it on our changelog site [just removed 7.2 beta link there]?

Download 1Password 7.1 stable from here: https://c.1password.com/dist/1P/win6/1PasswordSetup-7.1.567.exe

You can enable beta updates to get the fixed beta build when it becomes available.

We do not need any diagnostics reports at this point, there are no logs being generated for this specific CPU usage issue. We'll ask for more details once we narrow down why or where it is using so much of the CPU.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

Thanks, I Indeed looked at the release notes page when that newer build was available.

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member

Ahhh... it all clear now. Something smoked my machine today as well, but oddly I thought it was Chrome... maybe it was, maybe it wasn't...

• Hi guys,

We found the cause and have fixed it, please check for an update, 7.2.572, and let us know how it turns out.

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

MikeT- 1Password made my computer explode.

.... just kidding!!! new version works great. lol evil grin. 1PW 7.x has become one of my favorite apps of all time. Well worth the $

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

@mia: Thanks for the update, and the kind words! I don't think Mike took the joke so well, but I'll console him...

while fighting to contain my laughter.

• MikeT
    edited July 2018

😭That was really mean. I was really anxious and my finger was already on the button to remove the update in case we didn't get it.

This bug was a silly one. Our team tends to run with debugging mode all the time, it was when we remove all debugging options, we found the problem. Something we won't repeat for sure as we'll make sure to test without the debug mode enabled. :)

• mia
    mia
    Community Member

Well, I think I speak for everyone when I say we don't mind bugs. That's why they are classified as beta. Your response to the bug was absolutely phenomenal (as expected).

• Well thank you for your help today. :smile:

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

Thanks for the prompt action, fix verified :)

• MattW15
    MattW15
    Community Member

I can confirm on all my Windows systems that the new version successfully fixes the issue for me as well. Thanks for the awesome work as always. :)

• Great, thanks for your reports and helping us with this!

This discussion has been closed.