Is there a way to utilize watchtower's 'expiring' check for arbitrary field in generic entries?

Options
klops
klops
Community Member

From what I understands watchtower's expiring check only apply for objects like 'passports' or 'membership'.

My use case is that my environment also store and share TLS keypairs, most of them are internally signed so cloud services checks like pingdom would not work.

I normally store them in either secure note format (attached pem file) or sometimes directly paste the pem output in the note.

I always add my own 'expiration' field (date field) and set external reminder for renewal needs.

However, it would be nice if watchtower can piggy back the expiration field I've setup in those entry and notify based on that. That would be me a single glass pane to look at this.

Can this be done? Please advise. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @klops,

I really like the idea. Right now we’re only checking specific fields on specific templates but I can definitely see the value in being able to define a field as an expiration date that is then tracked. I can’t make any promises, other than to say that I’ll bring it up with the rest of the team for consideration. But I do hope that we can further expand upon Watchtower. We’ve made some great improvements there in the last upgrade but there is still more we can do.

Ben

• rlh
    rlh
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to add my "vote" for this. I recently, thanks to the thread in Lounge, added 1Password TOTP to a site that wants to use the Symantec VIP Access. As various posters noted, VIP Access keys have an expiration date. It sure would be nice to add an expiration date field to those login items and be notified in Watchtower well in advance.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback @rlh. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.