To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I want to leave the family plan

jstiehl
jstiehl
Community Member

My ex-husband and I still share a family plan and I want out. Please help me separate the accounts. Also, I no longer have his master password and his account is installed on my Mac. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the app and can't access my account on my Mac. I can access it on my phone.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: high sierra
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:change family plan to single

Comments

• Hi @jstiehl,

I’m sorry to hear about the situation. I’d be happy to help you with that. The first step will be to create your own individual membership, separate from the 1Password Families membership:

Pricing, free trial for password manager | 1Password

Once you’ve created your own membership you’ll want to get signed into both your account that is part of the 1Password Families membership and the new individual membership account on one device (sounds like your phone will be the easiest at this point). Then copy/move the data from the vault in the families based account to the vault in your individual account:

Move items between vaults | 1Password

Once completed you can sign out of the families account, leaving only your individual account on each device. On the Mac you may want to select Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password Data and start fresh.

I hope that helps!

Ben

P.S. Don’t forget to print an Emergency Kit for the new individual membership:

Get to know your Emergency Kit | 1Password

• jstiehl
    jstiehl
    Community Member

Thank you very much!

• You’re very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.