IOS app spins forever with "Quadrifying encryptables"

Pete Siemsen
Pete Siemsen
Community Member

I have a laptop and an iPhone. I decided to upgrade from 1Password 6 to 1Password 7. I got a 1Password membership. I re-enabled my old 1Password account. The laptop seems to be fine. The iPhone is hung. I think I logged in on the iPhone, (I filled in the emergency kit values), and I got a window on the iPhone that said "Let's copy your items to your new Pete Siemsen 1Password Account...". I think I hit an "OK" button, and now I have a screen with a tiny spinning icon at the top of the screen and a larger spinning "blue flag" in the middle of the screen and "Quadrifying encryptables" near the bottom. Cute, but quite hung. I'm afraid to touch it, since it may actually be doing something.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pete Siemsen
    Pete Siemsen
    Community Member

Ok, so after 20 minutes I killed it and restarted 1Password. It looked like I had lots of duplicates. I changed from "All vaults" to "Primary", and I didn't have duplicates any more. So I tried adding an entry on the iPhone. No problem, but over on my MacBook, in the 1Password app, I didn't see the new entry. So basic functionality isn't working. I thought that by having both devices use a common 1Password account meant that the data on the devices was sync'd. I'll keep trying...

• Pete Siemsen
    Pete Siemsen
    Community Member

So I've added my 1Password account on the iPhone, but entries that I add to the iPhone aren't seen on the MacBook, and vice versa. So they don't sync. Help!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018

Hi @Pete Siemsen

The Primary vault is a standalone vault (not part of your account) so adding items there will not cause them to show up on your other devices. Please try adding an item in a vault that is part of your membership.

Once you've verified all of your data is accessible in membership vaults we recommend deleting the Primary vault:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Pete Siemsen
    Pete Siemsen
    Community Member

Thanks, that helped. My MacBook-iPhone syncing problems are fixed.

• Thanks for the update! If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.