After 1Password Teams and Knox

telephoneman
telephoneman
Community Member

Hi guys, after you introduced a really cool 1Password cloud product. Your former product "Knox" felt asleep. There are a plenty of Cloud drives on this world Dropbox, Onedrive, Amazon drive are just examples. But all of them don't really encrypt the data. OK I could use things like Boxcryptor" to encrypt this data.
But why don't you use your encryption and cloud experience to introduce a "1Password drive"? A normal drive app with cloud, but where everything is encrypted as default (at least online). No need for a second encryption app - just all in one ...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@telephoneman: It's something that people ask about from time to time, but it's not something we have any plans for. We really love building 1Password, and there's so so much more we can do with it. We think it's the best password manager out there, but we're acutely aware of the things it could do better. Bulk cloud storage just isn't something we want to pursue at this time.

I can't speak for everyone here, but personally I think it's kind of boring: people save files to a folder and they're sync'd and stored in some online account. Very utilitarian. While I'm glad that stuff like that exists, and I use it every day, what get's me up in the morning is my passion for making it easy for anyone to conveniently and securely manage their digital life — and their family's.

I guess a lot of that depends on how you look at it, but 1Password helps me be more productive and makes my life easier. Cloud storage is just there: useful, but not specially life-changing — at least for me. I'm sure others may feel just the opposite, and they would probably enjoy working for cloud storage companies. But we're all here because we're passionate about 1Password. I guess that could change in the future, but our wishlist is much greater than our ability to predict the future. :)

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

@brenty yes - there is nothing better than 1Password ;) Using it since Version 3 or 4 i think 😊 And you do a really good job, introduce a tons of feature. File store is kind boring yes - but anyway: Used every day...
    have a good weekend

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You too! I probably shouldn't have said "boring", as that sounds bad to most people. I love boring stuff. My vacations involve doing as little as possible... But maybe that's because I need a break from all the excitement of all the stuff going on here all the time. Cheers! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.