Will Windows Hello ever be supported in the Firefox extension?

At the moment in Windows 10, only Edge and Chrome only work with Windows Hello. It would be great if this will also work in the Firefox extension, so we would not have to keep entering our master password.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Will Windows Hello ever be supported in the Firefox extension?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

Hi @estavick,

Thank you for reaching out! :+1:

Are you sure you are not using 1Password X for Firefox instead of our standard extension? Please check the version of 1Password extension that you are using in Firefox and get back to me.

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• estavick
    estavick
    Community Member

Hi @Greg,

Thanks for the swift response!

I did not know there were two extensions. I just uninstalled 1Password X for Firefox, which was the one I was using on my Mac and Windows device. So it's the companion/standard browser extension that works with Touch ID and Windows Hello. Both are running smoothly now on both my machines running in Windows 10 and macOS. The Touch ID and Windows Hello integration in the browser extensions are great!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@estavick: Sorry for the confusion!

I am glad to hear that our standard extension works for you on both Mac and Windows. :chuffed: Please let me know if you have any other questions, we are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Cffcff
    Cffcff
    Community Member

Where can I find the standard extesion for Firefox, when I search in add-ons only the X version turns up...?

• @Cffcff please use https://1password.com/downloads to get browser extension of your choice:

This discussion has been closed.