Bi Directional Item Relationships

Options
Croog
Croog
Community Member
edited July 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Edited for typos

Howdy!

I've seen a couple of threads that express interest in having Item Relationships be bi-directional, and I couldn't agree more! Unfortunately, the threads I've found are all closed, so I couldn't chime in and show my support, hence this thread. If I'm doing this wrong, feel free to yell at me. :)

Issue Breakdown

I have two test login items that I'd like to relate:

When I add "Test 2" as a Related Item to "Test 1":

The Related Items list in "Test 2" does not show an entry for "Test 1"

Ideally, IMHO, adding "Test 2" as a Related Item to "Test 1" would automatically add "Test 1" as a Related item to "Test 2". I can't think of a situation where a relationship would only apply unidirectionally, and with hundreds of credentials, the amount of work that it would take me to manually relate all those entries is proving to be a...pain in the tuckus.

Is this a feature that you're willing to add? Perhaps something that you're already working on? Not that I expect an ETA, but you know...it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks for your time!

1Password Version: 7.2.573
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Personal License

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Croog,

Thank you for chipping in! :+1:

That is an interesting idea about our document linking system and we've been thinking about it for quite some time. As Rick mentioned here, it is not that simple, so I do not have any timeframes for you at this point.

We will keep your feedback in mind going forward, so it is really appreciated. :) Please let me know if you have any other questions, we will be happy to help. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.