Cannot enter License Number

Options

I have 1Password on several of my devices and it works great. Bought a new Windows laptop. I thought I could just download the 1Password software, enter my master password and sync with Dropbox. When it asked for my license number, I couldn't find it and thought I could input it later. Well, it synced with Dropbox but not before insisting that I let it (the install program) change my keychain name to "legacy" and create a new one called "Opvault". I didn't fully understand what it was asking so I said yes. Dropbox then changed the file name on all my devices when it synced and now 1Password on my other devices won't sync. When I finally found my license number, the program won't let me input it anywhere. When I click on the "Add License" button, the program opens up a dialog window as if it's trying to find the number on my computer...which it isn't.

How can this be so hard? And how can I change my keychain back without losing my data?

Tim

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• timsmustang
    timsmustang
    Community Member
    Options

Also, I tried un-installing the program and the re-install skipped over the 'add license' part...

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @timsmustang,

Sorry for the confusion!

It sounds like you have been using 1Password 4 for Windows, but downloaded 1Password 7 for Windows on your new PC. The thing is that 1Password 7 is a new purchase, so if you have a standalone license for 1Password 4 for Windows, it doesn't include 1Password 7.

Moreover, .agilekeychain, our old format for local vaults, is not supported in 1Password 7 for Windows anymore. That is why your vault was automatically converted to .opvault, when you opened it in 1Password 7. You should be able to find a new vault (your-vault-name.opvault) in the same Dropbox directory as your old agilekeychain vault. Could you please take a look and let me know what you find?

Additionally, please tell me if you are able to see all of your data in 1Password 7 for Windows now. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• timsmustang
    timsmustang
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Greg.

I'll stick with verson 4 for now. I will uninstall 7 and download version 4. However, I need to know how to salvage my keychain. Do I just rename it and get rid of the "legacy" part? Will my other devices see the correct name and begin to sync again? If not, how do I point my other devices to use a certain keychain name?

Thanks.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @timsmustang,

Yes, simply rename .legacyagilekeychain back to .agilekeychain. 1Password 4 should reuse it instantly and other 1Password apps should still sync with that assuming you haven't changed them.

This discussion has been closed.