Regarding 1Password

imrkratos
imrkratos
Community Member
edited July 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, I'm looking forward to get 1Password but I need to know something before I spend money. I have the following queries:

1) How is the customer support service for PREMIUM users? I want to know if I face a serious issue and I email you guys, how soon will I get a reply on the solution?

2) Is there a way to safely and completely delete my account in future if I want?

3) Can I restrict login from other countries and cities outside my own country and city? Does 1Password has this option like LastPass?

4) I have a Dedicated IP. Can I restrict login from any other IPs?

5) How secure 1Password "really" is if I want to store my bank/credit card details as well as other confidential stuff?

6) I'm currently with Dashlane Premium. What extra significant feature 1Password has over Dashlane?

Please help me with these.

Regards,
imrkratos

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited July 2018

Hi @imrkratos,

Thanks for writing in.

1) How is the customer support service for PREMIUM users? I want to know if I face a serious issue and I email you guys, how soon will I get a reply on the solution?

Everyone can email us and/or write here to get support; for emails, we usually get back within a day but mostly within 12 hours. Forum replies are usually within a few hours like this and a bit longer on the weekend. Sometime after new major releases like the recent 1Password 7 for macOS and Windows at the same time, it can be longer as we have a lot of users writing in with questions and such about these releases.

2) Is there a way to safely and completely delete my account in future if I want?

Absolutely, read our support article here on how it works, you won't need us as you can delete it yourself as long as you still have access to your 1Password account details; https://support.1password.com/delete-account/

3) Can I restrict login from other countries and cities outside my own country and city? Does 1Password has this option like LastPass?

No, this doesn't really actually help. Anyone can use a VPN to bypass that restriction.

We do have additional authentication methods like two-factor authentication which you can find out more here: https://support.1password.com/two-factor-authentication/

4) I have a Dedicated IP. Can I restrict login from any other IPs?

No, it is not possible to do this.

5) How secure 1Password "really" is if I want to store my bank/credit card details as well as other confidential stuff?

All items are encrypted the same way, all data is confidential to you and encrypted locally on your disk before anything else happens such as syncing, we have no way of "seeing" your data and we cannot reset your data if you lose access to your 1Password account details. What's stored on our service is an encrypted blob that cannot be decrypted without two separate keys that only you know; see this article for more details: https://support.1password.com/secret-key-security/

We are transparent in how our security works and have a whitepaper on this, some folks already wrote their own 1Password tools to read their standalone data because of how open we are about this (1Password.com is different because of extra security checks to only allow authorized apps). You can get the general idea of how we secure your data here: https://support.1password.com/1password-security/ and you can find the highly technical whitepaper on the bottom on that page. .

6) I'm currently with Dashlane Premium. What extra significant feature 1Password has over Dashlane?

We don't have a comparison table because there's no fair comparison we could make as we're biased toward our own product, everyone have their own pros and cons. It is up to you to decide what features are important and try 1Password to see if it works with your needs better. All 1Password accounts have a one-month trial to see how it works.

• imrkratos
    imrkratos
    Community Member

Alright thanks for the detailed clarification :)

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.