Usernames and Passwords Not Filing In...

Joelc
Joelc
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

The title says it all...

I am running Windows 10 with 1Password 7.2.574. When I select a particular web page from the Chrome browser extension the password and username of the web page do not fill (i.e. they remain blank). Additional information on my setup is included below (1Password Version / 1Password Extension Version / Operating System / Sync Type).

How do I solve this problem.

Thx!

1Password Version: 7.2.574
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Subscription Vault

Comments

• Hi @Joelc,

Thanks for reporting this. I've moved your thread to our Windows Beta forum because you're using a beta version of 1Password 7.2.

If you visit the website directly first in Chrome and then ask 1Password to fill, does it appear to work for you?

Can you check for Chrome updates, it may be pending in the background and that can sometime block 1Password from doing anything. Click on the 3-dot on top right to select Help menu > About Google Chrome. Install and restart Chrome, see if 1Password works now.

• BmuwEVm
    BmuwEVm
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem with Windows 10 using Firefox with 1Password 7.2.574. The user-id and password do not fill when starting from the website or starting from 1Password. The fields just stay blank. I have restarted Firefox and checked that it is at the current version 61.0.1. I'm on your subscription vault. I've also disabled my antivirus and restarted Firefox, but results are the same. What I can get to work is to right click on the IP Mini entry, and copy/paste the user-id and password and then click enter on the website.

I'll try to uninstall/reinstall Firefox but that will have to be later tonight.

Any other help you can give me?

• Hi @BmuwEVm,

Thanks for reporting this.

On any sites or just a few sites?

We haven't heard anyone else report this with the latest betas beside you and JoelC and 1Password works fine on our machines for Firefox and Chrome.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• BmuwEVm
    BmuwEVm
    Community Member

I just sent an email...hope I got everything you needed!

Thanks.

• numpty
    numpty
    Community Member

@BmuwEVm, I had the same problem recently and found that my browser extension was an old version - why it hadn't auto updated I don't know.. Removing it and installing the latest version from https://1password.com/browsers/firefox/ fixed it - maybe give that a try?

• MikeT
    edited July 2018

Hi @BmuwEVm,

Thanks, I found your email with the diagnostics report. At first glance, the first issue is your 1Password extension is very old.

Can you download the latest 1Password 4.7.2 extension from here: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPX4

After that, restart and see if 1Password works.

ref: AFZ-18797-552

• BmuwEVm
    BmuwEVm
    Community Member

Thanks that seems to have worked! Just wondering how would I have known my extension was out of date. I guess this is something I need to be checking?

• MikeT
    edited July 2018

Hi @BmuwEVm,

The browsers are supposed to automatically update for you in the background. It is not clear why they weren't doing it but yea, you would need to check the versions against this page every once in a while (every few months is fine): https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPX4

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member

Mike:

In response to your posting to me:

1. Agreed, it should have been posted in the beta forum. Apologies for that.

2. I get the same result (i.e. username and password not being filed) regardless of whether I visit the website first or not.

3. The 3 dots trick did not work. Still no luck.

What's next?

Thx!

• Hi @joelc,

Please email us your 1Password diagnostics report, use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member

Report sent...

• Immo
    Immo
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Hi,

I have (the same?) problem (I think since beta .570). The first start of 1Password is very very slow, neither a search in die the app nor automatic filling of fields in the browser (opera, latest extension version) works right away. The program needs about a minute before it works. Same happens after every needed login back into the software. I'm on the latest windows 10 insider preview (fast ring) though.

• MikeT
    edited August 2018

Hi @immo,

Thanks for writing in.

After waiting a minute when unlocking 1Password app, the filling still doesn't work? It's not clear from your email, which problem you're having.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

ref: DQD-49728-171

• Immo
    Immo
    Community Member

You're right, I'm sorry. After a minute or so, everything works as expected. E-Mail (with diagnostic report) sent. Thanks for looking into it!

• Hi @Immo,

That would be a separate issue that we may know about, it's something we're working on but may take a while to improve.

I found your email and will reply as soon as we finish analyzing it.

ref: DQD-49728-171

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member

MikeT, apologies but I mistakenly deleted the e-mail that you sent in response to the diagnostics that I sent you. Can you please resend it. Thanks!

• Hi @Joelc,

No problem, I've just resent it.

ref: HEI-19446-196

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member

First, a HUUUUUUGE thank you to Mike who solved this problem for me! Much appreciated!

Second, in case anyone else has this problem the solution is as follows:

1. Remove all old copies of 1Password. Specifically go into the old 1Password folder and run the uninstall EXE file to clean everything out.

2. Reboot the computer in safe mode. Test to make sure that 1Password is now working.

3. Reboot the computer as usual. Test that should be good!

Hope this helps someone in the future!

• MikeT
    edited August 2018

You're welcome!

Note the first step is usually when you can't find any old version of 1Password in the Control Panel, you'd then have to find the old folder manually and run its uninstaller from there.

(We don't support running multiple 1Password versions at the same time on the same PC, thus what the problem was).

This discussion has been closed.