To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Paid license version since 5.1, confused about requirements for v7

Options
plemire
plemire
Community Member

I bought a 1P license a few years back. I've have zero complaints with the password keeper until this new version? All my password are now "read only" and they don't autofill? I understand there's a new version out there, V7, but what I don't understand is if I'm required to spend more money to keep using my 1P as I used to for the last 3-4 years. A little clarity would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.88
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I see that you are still on 1PW6. I thought for a moment tht this had happened after you tried the upgrade to 1PW7.

1PW7 is a paid upgrade from 1PW6. Major upgrades of software are usually charged for, but AgileBits perhaps caused trouble for itself but not charging for earlier major upgrades. You could pay for a licence for 1PW7, change to the newer subscription model (which has several advantages, or stay with 1PW6 for the moment.

If you have a licence for 1PW6, you should not be stuck in read-only mode. That does happen, but only if you have not paid.

My guess is that somehow you have switched to the subscription mode, and are getting this (not surprisingly) because you have not subscribed. What does the Accounts section of the preferences say?

• Ben
    Options

The two likely causes of this message are

1. You’ve signed up for a 1Password membership trial, that trial has expired, and you have not yet subscribed
    2. You downloaded 1Password from the Mac App Store but did not purchase 1Password there, or purchased it on a different Apple ID

To move forward with the latest version does require an investment. You can learn more about the upgrade here:

Upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac

I hope that helps!

Ben

• plemire
    plemire
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, no I don't want to pay more money. I bought the full table cost license once in 2015. I want to be able use it as before. How do I revert back?

• Ben
    Options

You’d need to use the version that you purchased in that case. 1Password licenses are sold per-version (e.x 1Password 6 for Mac). You can learn about how to revert to 1Password 6 here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/441130/#Comment_441130

If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• plemire
    plemire
    Community Member
    Options

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2018
    Options

@plemire

Did you install 1Password 6 from the App Store? If so is that where you purchased 1Password 6 from? And in that case were you logged into the Apple ID that you made the purchase on when you installed 1Password?

You’ll only be able to use 1Password from the App Store if that is where you purchased it. App Store purchases are tied to the Apple ID that you are logged into when you make the purchase, and cannot be used on a different ID.

Ben

• sshadowzz
    sshadowzz
    Community Member
    Options

What is the cost to upgrade to a license from 6.x to 7.x? I already have a full pro 6.x license purchased from the Mac App Store.I can't seem to find license upgrade pricing anywhere (except subscription which I have no interest in) and I'm not interested in downloading the 7.x version and upgrading just to get pricing information.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Strictly speaking, you don't have a licence. Purchases from the App Store are tied to your Apple ID and don't need any kind of licence file. Stand-alone purchases direct from AgileBits will have a licence file.

The stand-alone version of 1PW7 can only be purchased direct from AgileBits, because of the way App Store pricing works AgileBits have made the App Store version of 1PW7 subscription only.

AgileBits decided not to have a full price for a licence and a lower upgrade price for previous users. Instead, they have a launch special reduced price for all users. That will end at some point, but I think it is currently available. Roughly $50 for the launch, $65 full price.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sshadowzz: danco is correct on all counts, but if you have any other questions just let us know. You can find the details on 1Password for Mac version 7 here:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.