Issue with pixiv.net website. Account fill up triggers a page refresh

Hello,

pixiv.net is a website which I could describe as a Japanese DeviantArt, a place for artist to post their work.

So, whenever I try to login using Fill from 1Password (Chrome Extension) @ login page ( https://accounts.pixiv.net/login ), I see my user/pass being filled but the page does a hard refresh. So the only way to login is by manually typing the ID, then open 1P, copying the password, then pasting and hitting the login button.

I would guess the website has some kind of detection which if filled too fast, it would refresh, maybe to avoid bot attacks, I don't know (haven't checked their sourcecode yet).

Anyway, anything 1Password can do about it?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RaphaelDDL,

I wasn't able to reproduce I'm afraid, I created a test account and found filling the loaded page and open-and-fill worked for me, no hard refresh. If you had mentioned Safari I would have suspected an issue that affects submit after filling with open-and-fill but you specified Chrome.

Can you try manually saving a new Login item for me please, see if you still find it's clearing the fields. The steps I'm thinking of are detailed on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser. Does this Login item behave any differently?

• RaphaelDDL
    RaphaelDDL
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables

So yeah, creating a new one manually and filling in does fill (but do not auto-submit), but it works.
    Taking a better look at "web form details", it has pixiv_id empty, password filled, username and password filled.

So I went to check their HTML. Seems exist TWO login forms, one being display:none with id old-login. On this old-login which has the pixiv_id input. Making both visible, I could see something: My pixiv account was being filled on the 'new' form but the old one seems to be submitted (without pixiv_id since 1password has the form empty), which triggers a page refresh.

The manual login that was created just now does not have web form details, so it just attempts to fill whatever form is visible. If I let both forms visible, 1Password fills the first one (the old-login, which by default display:none).

I guess was an issue where they updated the form, kept the old one in the html, and I had the form details on my 1Password saved for the old way LOL

How do you set-up the new login to auto-submit? The option submit set to Always submit does not work (the new form also have a button type=submit).

Thank you for your time.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @RaphaelDDL,

You shouldn't need to do anything to set up the submit after filling. The individual default setting for a new Login item is Submit when enabled and you can see the state of this setting by editing the Login item. The global setting is in the Browsers tab of 1Password's preferences and is titled Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords. The title is a bit misleading because the submit feature only triggers if we fill a password field so filling just the username won't trigger it.

For the pixiv site all I did was save a Login item using the steps laid out on "How to save a Login manually in your browser" ( https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/ ). The extension attempts to leave focus on the filled password field and if it can it lets 1Password know to complete the submit action which is to ask the operating system to react as if the user has pressed the enter key. We only do this if we leave focus on a visible password field and the site doesn't seem to do anything unusual in this regard, it leaves focus on the field and it submits, at least for me. Are you not seeing the same?

• RaphaelDDL
    RaphaelDDL
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Hi again @littlebobbytables

Yeah, Fill does fill form successfully and the focus stay on the password. I waited for like 10 sec but page didn't submit. If I do press Enter, the form submits and I log in.

I did try the steps stated by https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/ and I have both tried as new login and as 'update existing'. Neither submits.

Anyway, I think this is a lot better shape than I was before, that nasty page refresh happening due to old-login form data saved was super annoying, now I can just fill and press enter and it works without the page refresh, almost seamless experience now.

I guess we consider this settled. The page refresh was the thing that I was getting angry with, now that's fixed, I'm fine lol.

Thank you very much for your time helping me on this matter!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for bringing it up! I'm glad that lil bobby was able to help. Autosubmit is a neat feature, but this is yet another one of the cases where it can cause some undesirable behaviour depending on the website. Due to some security changes, it will be going away in the near future, and while that won't be a welcome change for some it will also help avoid these kind of difficulties. And since 1Password makes an effort to focus the password field after filling, pressing Return/Enter often works to quickly submit the form whenever you're ready to do so. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.