Emergency kit should provide 2FA recovery info as well

baggend
baggend
Community Member

I just added 2FA to my family account yesterday (and decided to regenerate the secret key just for the heck of it), and I noticed that the Emergency Kit doesn't include any 2FA recovery info by default. So if I ever end up actually needing the emergency kit it won't do me any good. As a temporary workaround, I wrote the TOTP secret key in the password field instead, but there really should be some sort of provision for it baked into the emergency kit. Either a one-time code or at least pre-include the otpauth URL on the form or something.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rob
    rob
    edited February 2019

Hi, @baggend. This is a really good idea! I hadn't thought of this myself. I'll pass it on to the team and see if we can make it happen. :)

ref: b5/b5#4781

• SpinalNeon9446
    SpinalNeon9446
    Community Member

Hi!

Is this going to happen? I'd like to activate 2FA on my account, but I'm hesitant for the same reason.

• Hi @Karl Moskowski,

At this point we don't have any plans to add TOTP information to the Emergency Kit. You can certainly print the QR code that you're presented with when setting up TOTP though, and attach it to your Emergency Kit if you wish.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.