Increase Secure Notes display font size

Options
semblance
semblance
Community Member
edited August 2018 in Mac

I just upgraded from 1Password 6 to 7 on Mac. I love the fact that Secure Notes can now be formatted with Markdown! (In fact I was already using Markdown in text-only mode, so it's great to see my existing notes displayed correctly.)

However the display font size - which was already too small in 1Password 6 - has now shrunk to be absolutely minuscule in 1Password 7 :-(

Since I don't want to get my scanning electron microscope out every time I read my Secure Notes, and reading them otherwise gives me somewhat of a headache, is there any chance we could get the ability to change the default display font size used in Secure Notes (globally that is, not per item)?

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi semblance,

As far as I know, there is no way to increase the text size. If you enter edit mode (Command-E), the text increases from 12pt to 13pt during editing.
    I'll talk with the rest of the dev team and see if there is a fix pending for this, or if this is something we can address. I agree, the text is very small.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@semblance

Until Agilebits is able to update the font sizing capabilities, macOS has a great zooming capability that few know about. Its simply wonderful.

Set this in the Accessibility Systems Preference panel.

Once set, when you want to zoom into something, put your mouse over the area you want to zoom, hold down your Control key and slide your finger up the mouse's track pad surface. Slide down to reverse the zoom direction.

• I love the zoom feature. I use it all the time to look at graphic details. Though I think we can do a better job with font sizes within the app too.

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @chadseld and @MrC !

The macOS "zoom" feature isn't an option for me as I use a pen & tablet pointing device, which doesn't have a "scroll gesture" (I use old-fashioned scroll bars - remember those?)

Also - I just noticed my Markdown formatting is only rendered properly in notes within my Secure Notes items, and not in the notes of any other item types. Any reason for that?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2018
    Options

@semblance

Thanks for the update. Enabling markdown formatting in other fields had some unintended consequences and so we had to turn that off at least until we can work those issues out. :)

Ben

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    Options

OK thanks @Ben

• Ben
    Options

You’re welcome. :)

Ben

• TheRealX
    TheRealX
    Community Member
    Options

Would really appreciate bigger/customisable font sizes for notes if this is still possible!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019
    Options

Thank you for sharing your feedback @TheRealX! I have passed it on internally :)

ref: apple-1679

This discussion has been closed.