How can I keep 1Password from logging into itself?

JonBartBeck
JonBartBeck
Community Member

It seems to me when I got out of 1Password then go to log back in, 1Password fills in my login information. That seems to totally defeat the purpose. Am I missing something?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:don't use 1password to log into 1password

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I'm not sure I entirely understand you.

But I guess that you are referring to the fact that when you quit 1Password you do not quit 1Password Mini. This is the preferred option, though you can quit Mini if you want.

In addition, under 1Password Preferences Security there are a whole host of options for when 1PW will lock. If none of them are checked then 1PW will remain unlocked until the user logs out of the computer or there is a restart. That's how I have it set, as my machine is kept at home where nobody else has access. You might prefer to have it lock when the main 1PW window is closed.

Hope that helps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@JonBartBeck: Are you maybe saving your 1Password.com account credentials in your browser, and you have that filling them for you? We recommend against using that for a number of reasons. 1Password will only ever fill when and where you tell it to, so if something is being filled without your say-so, it isn't 1Password doing it.

ref: TEV-14747-868

This discussion has been closed.