Cant Log Into 1Password on my New iphone X

yanno88
yanno88
Community Member

So i installed the 1password app but its asking me to log in with credentials that i dont know where to find?

sign in address?
secret key?

can someone help? i didnt have this issue with my other phone

i bought 1 password since 2013 & have had no issues since, ive upgraded and have a liscence

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: high sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

The secret key and sign-in address are only relevant if you have a subscription.

You have a licence, so they don't exist.

I'm not familiar with 1PW for iOS, so I don't know if the latest version is subscription only. If it is, you should be able to download an earlier version if you go to the iOS App Store and look at your purchased items.

On your Mac, you are currently using 1PW6. You can (and should at some point) upgrade to 1PW7. That can be bought either using a new licence (the old one doesn't work) or through a sub. There are advantages in a sub, see https://support.1password.com/why-account/ , among them that it covers all platforms. But if you do want to upgrade, you might like to ask here first. I found it easy to upgrade, but many people have difficulties, overlooking a step or the like.

• yanno88
    yanno88
    Community Member

ohh so I have 1pass 7 installed on my X?

ok i cant find the older version in my purchase history to download 1pass6 for this new phone

what do i do now? im forced to upgrade????

• @yanno88,

That's the right version for your iPhone X. You just needed to pick a different option on the first screen as you don't have an account with us, you would have wanted to pick iCloud/Dropbox/etc on that initial setup screen.

• yanno88
    yanno88
    Community Member

and when it asks for the password for the vault sotred on Dropbox whcih pass does it want?

i have 2 diff ones for the extension on my mac & the iphone app

• yanno88
    yanno88
    Community Member

wow it works!!!! Im in :)))))

• @yanno88,

Its probably going to be the one you supply on the Mac when you're using the extension.

This discussion has been closed.